Sunday, March 26, 2006

Posting from the surface again...

There was something mentioned in another explorer's blog that really made me think. There's something wonderfully amazing about our community. Those who know me know that I'm a very introverted person on the surface, and I was in the cavern for a while. My first week in D'mala was spent completely alone, walking my journies and finding markers. And then something happened.
I met someone. And then I met someone else, and then someone else. I was coaxed out of my shell by some really amazing people, and welcomed into the community with what felt like open arms. I'm not going to name names, but you know who you are. I feel as though I'm accepted for who I am for pretty much the first time in my life. I finally feel as though I belong.
I've spent long nights chatting with a companion, or with a group, talking about everything and nothing. We've swapped secrets, conspiracy theories and recipies. We've hunted down clues to puzzles that have stumped explorers for years, and still haven't been solved. I've gotten some very sage advice from a wiser member in the community, and I've helped others in same.
I've learned some very neat tricks and exploits from this community, like how to do the balcony jump, walk the tent rope, and steal, no, borrow a maintainer suit from the wall. And I've passed that information on to others.
I had the honor of watching someone else take Yeesha's journey, and that helped me learn to see the world again through new eyes. And even though he was just an aquantaince at the time, I felt incredibly proud of him when he completed his journey.
But the real reason I love this community is my close friendships with a few. I've ranted endlessly about my chaotic life on the surface to a few very patient people... and just the knowledge that someone else cares makes every thing seem a heek of a lot better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home