Saturday, June 09, 2007

Covered in dust...

Posting from Minkata, (22° 579).
I'm not really sure what I'm doing here. I've been wandering this desert for hours, looking for.. I don't know what. Something, anything new or different, something to take my mind off of the rest of my life. But it's no use, even the barren wasteland of Minkata brings back too many fond memories, even if it perfectly mirrors my present frame of mind. It's vast, heavily scarred with craters, and oddly beautiful, especially at night... and it almost radiates loneliness, even when a big group is in it. I'm seriously considering another sabbatical, both from the cavern, and from my other virtual activities; what's the point of finding (or building) something new and cool if no one is there to share it with you?

Something big seems to be brewing within the restoration; after Wheely's death a few weeks ago, her father, Michael Engberg vanished in the Great Shaft, and we still haven't heard from or seen him. the balance of power is tipping, but I haven't the slightest idea in what direction. All I know is that the Bahro civil war going on around us is probably only going to escalate matters even worse.

Hmm.. I think I'm going to link back to the surface and wash the dust out of my hair, then curl up with a good book. I'm tired of waiting for something that's not going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home