Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mysterium '06!

I just recently got back from Mysterium (ok, two days ago, I've been lazy), and it was awesome. We went to the Cyan headquarters, and met some really awesome Cyantists, including Rand Miller, GreyDragon, Josh Staub, and the wily and elusive RAWA. I got pictures of most of them, as well as a ton of concept art that was lying on a table.
I really haven't got very much to say about the visit to Cyan that vid hasn't already covered (see the link to the Age Linkers Guide on the right), other than a half formed theory of why Rand dislikes playing Atrus: Rand is a awesome, goofy guy with a great sense of humor. Atrus is a scientist who I've never seen crack a joke. As cool as they both are, they're a lot different.
Another awesome point: we got into the legendary elevator! There are, indeed, buttons with D'ni numbers next to them, but when pressed, a little panel lights up with "Restricted Floor". Evidently, you need a key (or a KI?) to access those floors. Looking down through the crack in the elevator door, you can see that it goes down some way, so it's not just some sort of cute gadget. I so wish I had brought my lockpicks!
For the pictures that vid and I took, see this link: http://www.vidkid7.org/mysterium06/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home