Tuesday, May 30, 2006

/me and You

Posting from Eder Kemo...
Sorry for neglecting this blog for so long, but all of the recent news and gossip has been overshadowed by the announcement of the return of Uru Live.
However, we got an update not too long ago, and it included a few interesting things, such as the marker missions, a linking stone from Eder Kemo to the 'hood, and the nifty /me command. However, (and I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, here) the only really awesome part of the update is the stone in Kemo. The other stuff has some drawbacks.
The do-it-yourself marker missions are superfun, but (I'm speculating, here) apparantly, if you have too many markers in a mission, or too many missions, your avvie will get stuck in "fetching player" while loading up the game. I'm not really sure about this, but it seems to be the most prevalent theory. I, and quite a few people I know, have lost avatars that way. I'm about to try an experiment, and perhaps sacrifice an avatar to the vault, to see if that's the true reason, or if it was because of the vault corruption I mentioned earlier.
And the /me command... superfun. However, there's an odd little bug that goes with it. Evidently, if you're locked in one of the neighborhood eggrooms with someone else, and you use the /me command... not only will your companion not see the emote, but everyone else in the hood will. Which can be very embarrassing if the emote was meant to be something private. So the eggrooms are sound and KIchat proof... but apparantly, they're made of glass.
Other than that, it's a fun little command.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home