Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Is the rubble in the Kahlo pub a red herring?

Mucking about in soloplayer with flymode the other day, I discovered something... interesting. There's a second hidden room in the Kahlo pub, behind the bar. The doorway is partially hidden behind the shelves, and it looks like it was once a storeroom.



However, of course.. there's nothing much in it.


I was hoping for at least some of the really good D'ni booze... or perhaps another laminated linking book. Alas, nothing.

So.. I turned my attention to Bevin, remembering something about one of the windows being a sort of "spy room".. and found it. It's a tiny little room, and you can't do much of anything in it except, well, spy on the others in the hood:

But nonetheless, it's pretty cool. And on other UU shards (not D'mala), with the userKI you can /spawn there. However, the really interesting thing is the back of the room. I had to rip the texture from the game itself instead of take a KI shot... but even though it's a solid wall, it looks like a hallway.

This gives me hope that eventually, D'ni homes will be opened up to the explorers. But I can't really fathom the reason for this room... you can't get to it without some form of hack, and it's too tiny for.. well, anything. I guess that's the real mystery behind a lot of my findings.. what's the reason behind all of this stuff I'm finding? (or posting about, since I wasn't the person who found most of this stuff, I just heard about it.) Why is there a Bahro stone to the Great Shaft in Gahreesen? Why are there hidden rooms in the pub? Why is there a linking book to Teledahn in front of the library (another random hack)? What is the meaning of 3 1 4? And the most important question of all: where the heek are the bathrooms?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home