Friday, April 14, 2006

A tale of two theories...

I'm posting from the surface tonight... my allergy to Teledahn is acting up, and I thought I would play it safe and return to the surface to recover.

I've got some theories, however...
The first is about the fireflies in Eder Kemo. I've wondered if they don't actually feed on the troom spores, since I have a cloud of them happily buzzing around my Relto, and no trooms. Since Kemo is an alternate reality, of sorts, who says that the fireflies have to have physical food to survive? What if they fed on another energy source, such as warmth? That would explain why walking through a swarm of fireflies attracts them; they're feeding on your body heat. And since water has a very high specific heat (in other words, it takes a lot of energy to warm water up, so it tends to leach heat from other sources), wading in a pool would make the fireflies no longer interested in you; not enough heat to keep them happy. To me, Kemo feels slightly chilly from the constant rain. Perhaps the trooms produce heat as a byproduct of living, much like animals do. Relto, however "feels" much warmer to me... which could be why my fireflies are no longer constricted to one place; there's plenty of sustenance for them everywhere.

The second is more of an observation than a theory. While in Teledahn earlier today, I saw this:



An open box on a desk. Pretty mundane, right? Look closely... the interior doesn't match up with the exterior... almost as though there is a false bottom in the box. However, it doesn't have a "hotspot", so I can't really poke and prod at it. I wish I had more to post about this, but whenever I clicked on the box, I "WTFcrashed". After a few tries, I gave up. Perhaps the next time I go to the cavern, I'll remember to bring some benadryl with me.

[Edit] I tried again... and even though it doesn't have a hotspot, I clicked on it a whole lot... nothing happened. However... there are some decidedly odd shadows on the desk; I'll see if I can get another picture for my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home