Friday, March 31, 2006

Posting from Eder Gira...

It's common knowlege that the supplies I bring down from the surface usually consist of pixystix, Mountain Dew and chocolate. So I tend to run laps around the cavern like an insane squirrel when I'm bored. I must have circled around the library hundreds, if not thousands of times... but I never stopped to actually look. Only a few nights ago, I noticed this:

Some quite beautiful artwork, in the form of stained glass on the side of the library. It's only fully visible if you stand at the railing and look up... you can't see it unless you look. The same windows are visible on the other side as well, but you have to stand at the very edge of the drop-off to see them.
I started exploring the cavern solo in 2003, and I went down regularly by myself until D'mala opened. In all that time, in three years of exploring, solo and group, I never actually stopped to look at some of the beauty around me.
Sometimes some of the most wonderful things are there all along.

1 Comments:

Blogger vid said...

....whoa. How... how have I missed that for two years? As many times as I've been around the city, as many times as I've been around the LIBRARY, I've never noticed that.

...and it's beautiful. Perhaps we really do take D'ni for granted.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home