Friday, March 31, 2006

I can't sleep, so I might as well post, as tired and loopy as I am.

I've noticed something odd... Yeesha's mark appears everywhere. It seems to be even more prevalent than the Maintainer's marks in the ages. In Eder Kemo alone, I counted five of the symbols, and I wasn't actively looking for them.
It almost feels like.. graffiti, and no longer something special and symbolic. Perhaps her budding pride at becoming the "Grower" drove her to do this? In some cases, writing your name on something implies that you own it. Is this a symptom of the pride that eventually led to her downfall? I know at the end of the Path of the Shell, she makes some pretty prideful statements as well, and even demonstrates her new power as the grower.
I'm beginning to question her wisdom as well. She used the quest to free the soul of a Bahro as a tactic to get more people to join her "side", when it came time to choose sides. Was she more concerned with the freeing of the Bahro... or the increase in her power?
Don't get me wrong, she's taught me much about the history of the D'ni, and I've learned the ways, and the errors, of them through her... but it's in my nature to question the facts that are presented to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home