Friday, April 07, 2006

Posting from Eder Kemo...

Someone told me that this age was their favorite meditation spot. I used to hang out in Eder Gira, preferring the sun-warmed rock and hot springs to the chillier, stormy Kemo. However, something about Gira recently has been giving me a serious allergic reaction, and I can't stay there long before passing out and waking up on the surface.
So I've been spending a lot of time in Eder Kemo, and I've realized... he's right. This age is marvelously peaceful, and there are pleanty of places to hole up out of the damp, either with a good book (as I've been doing the past few hours), or a good friend (as I have many times before). I spent plenty of time sitting and simply staring at the Kemo fish swimming idly about their pond and marveling at their almost jewel-like colors contrasting with the rough grey rock. There are so many little nooks and crannies, all packed with something interesting to sit and watch, either the trooms with their fireflies, the puffer plants, the "Watcher" monument, or simply watching the trees sway in the wind... all serene and peaceful.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can coax some fireflies to join me in one of the tunnels, so I'll have some light to read by without getting my book wet?

1 Comments:

Blogger vid said...

The fireflies make for an excellent personal reading lamp, not only in the Kemo caves, but also huddled in a corner in the hood, or even on the great stair. The tree closest to the path from the entrance makes for a great spot too.... if you climb up into it's branches, you're pretty well shielded from the rain.

You can have your Gira... it's a great place to relax and let the hot water clean your body and mind. But when you need to be creative, there's something special about Kemo. The sights, the sounds, the scents...

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home